Welcome Catherine Clarke

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Catherine Lee

Re: Welcome Catherine Clarke

Post by Catherine Lee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely warm words of welcome! And thanks for your congratulations too Zondrae. I always loved writing poetry even as a child, but started writing more and actually entering competitions around 1994 when I lived in Sydney. The answer to your question is a resounding yes, my first love is definitely traditional rhyme and metre! And the answer to your question Marty, is that I am currently living in Thailand, having moved here from the Maldives. Due to my partner's work in the hospitality industry we move every two years or so, and the last time we lived in Australia was in Darwin from 2004 to 2006. From a distance I host the International Xpressions page for FreeXpresSion and stay in touch with various happenings and competitions as much as possible (sometimes the mail has let me down from certain countries!) but of course I am unable to attend many events so it's wonderful to have yet another link to fellow poets. Once again, my warmest thanks and best wishes to all of you.

Rimeriter

Post by Rimeriter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:21 pm

"G'day" Catherine.

I posted earlier in this thread, but addessed it to Brenda Joy ?? Blimey, I now no not why !!

FreeExpression. I guess you will know Peter Pike ?
Peter was the first to allow me to see my work in print - many moons ago.
I remain indebted to him.

Whilst he and I are not in regular contact, he lives nearby.

"My very best regards".
Jim.

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Jim,

Yes I know Peter, although we've never met in person. He is a wonderful man doing a great job and I greatly enjoy being a part of FreeXpression.

Cheers,
Catherine

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:01 pm

G'day Catherine. Great to see you enjoying your poetry.

Merv
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.