Creative Stimulation

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Shelley Hansen

Creative Stimulation

Post by Shelley Hansen » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi All

I don't often make personal comments on the forum ... but I have to say how much I am enjoying the variety of the poetry currently being featured. We've had some really good serious stuff, and some from the other side of the coin ... from tongue-in-cheek to laugh-out-loud!

I am particularly having fun with the off-the-cuff collaborations we've been having on various topics. My contributions might not exactly be the stuff of immortality :lol: but nothing stimulates my creative writing skills more than prompts, either in the form of a poem inviting a reply, or as a list such as Maureen gives us in the workshop.

The happy outcome goes far beyond the fun and games we're having here. With the creative stimulation of the last few weeks, I have finally been able to begin writing again in earnest - for the first time since my Mum died back in April.

So thanks, friends - for helping me to find a path back to writing, and to put my foot on the first rung of the "healing process" ladder. :)

Warm Regards
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

David Campbell

Re: Creative Stimulation

Post by David Campbell » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:55 am

Let the lines flow, Shelley!

Cheers
David

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:08 pm

That's wonderful news Shelley. God Bless them all for helping you to get your feet on the ground...and the pen in your hand again. Poetry and poets are the most valuable mates ever.

I do wish you well on your healing journey. I know first hand that it's a difficult one, but you will surprise yourself with your progress through it, I'm sure.

I haven't been on the site much lately as I'm buried under 84 entries into The Copper Croc Awards. So I'd best get back into it.

Warm Regards
Glenny P.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Dear Glenny -

Hope you are well, and thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. Writing is a wonderful outlet!

When you have the time, check out the poetic fun we've been having on some of these latest forum threads. I think you will particularly enjoy the tongue-in-cheek exchanges in the one started by David, titled "The Performance". :D

In the meantime, all the best with your judging ... it's great to see your Copper Croc has been so well supported, even if it does mean more work for you!! ;)

Best Regards
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi, Shelley. Great to hear of the therapeutic value of the forum!

Best wishes.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Thank you, Doctor! :D Many's the time I've found that a generous dose of poetry did me more good than paracetamol! ;)

Thank you also, David - for your encouragement. I'm doing my best to take your excellent advice! :D

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines