How have our northern members faired?

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Terry

Re: How have our northern members faired?

Post by Terry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 am

G/day Marty,
The only good news to filter through here that I've heard, is that so far there has been no loss of life despite the massive damage, but our news is probably 3 hours behind what you are hearing, let's hope it stays that way, you can fix buildings etc.

Terry

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

G'day all, well I'm stuffed, not much sleep as you can imagine with a freight train rumbling past ones house so it shudders with the roof creaking & complaining, but, that was one ride I don't want to take again in a hurry, luckily for us in Cairns Yasi took a sudden dive south, unfortunately the main force hit Tully, Mission beach & Cardwell area's, the mess left here in Cairns was unbelievable with mainly tree damage, spent the day cleaning my place & not long ago took a 'chockers' ute load to the tip, still feel for our southern mates though.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:50 pm

The good news is you are all ok.

Stick with it mate

Cheers Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Good to hear you are OK Dave :D stay strong
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Good to hear you are safe and sound Dave . . . I took the 'old school' option yesterday and after starting to cable tie the dogs to the horses and and then rope and star picket the horses to the Iron Bark trees I was buggered! And seeing Yasi heading further south I went to the pub! After helping the publican do some roofing modifications - removing every second line of roof screws (old insurance scam) we drank about 28 stubbies and re-lived every cyclone from 1949 to Larry in 06 with the boys then I came home, cooked Thai green prawns . . fed it to the dogs (still cable-tied to the horses = unimpressed). I read some bedtime stories to the kid in Swahili then promptly passed out on a bean bag.

But seriously I wouldn't wanted to of been in the path of it . . . got a mate at Mission Beach yet to make contact . . . hopefully he went 'old school' as well and is under a different sort of weather.

Marty

ps Look out Ross . . . get ya brudders outta the Todd she's comin' your way mate!

keats

Post by keats » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:03 pm

My other home, Charters Towers is taking a belting also, but nothing compared to the coast. Got some pics sent through before. Not at all pretty, but hey, at least their Internet is working!!

Frank Daniel

Post by Frank Daniel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:49 pm

I had a phone call from Susie Carcary and Melanie Hall this afternoon (Friday). They are somewhere out on the Nullabor heading west for the big turnout at Boyup Brook.
They send their regards to all their mates and Melanie told me that her parents and family was evacuated from their homes in Townsville, all were unscathed and their homes remained undamaged by the TC Yasi.
The two short sheilas are enjoying their long trip which will eventually end up in Winton Qld for the winter months. Good luck to them both.

Joe