Why us blokes write poetry

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Why us blokes write poetry

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:20 am

Does it work?

I never tried reciting poetry to my chooks - do you Zondrae? Always found a tin of corn or a bucket of scraps worked really well in getting them to do what I wanted them to do.

Come to think of it the human female variety of young chicks aren't much smarter are they - feed them a heap of corn and throw them a few scraps and the reaction is pretty much the same. :roll:

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:12 am

Watch out Marty , they'll be out to get you. ;)

The English poet, Wendy Cope has invented a new poetic word she apparently finds useful...Tump ( Totally Useless Male Poet ). They're ruthless mate.

Neville.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 pm

OI!!! .. youse are all shooting the messenger .... besides, Marty is a WHAMWASH and therefore Invincible

Oh, a WHAMWASH is a White, Hetrosexual Australian Male WITH A Sense of Humour!!!

swaggyjoe

Post by swaggyjoe » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:38 pm

No handouts I'm afraid, we've all been "sold out". By all of them!
My Dad used to say, "Right wing and Left wing are two wings on the same bird, and the Bird's name is - Oppression"

william williams

Post by william williams » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:44 pm

now Martyboy that TV show shes all wrong you see marty :o Byron and poetry is not the way to get chicks

I my day, mind you it was some years ago :o :oops: you’d take a Sheila to the pub
:roll: Then you’d go to the rodeo where you’d try on a little Bull sometimes with out much luck as you ended flat on YOUR back ;)
8-) You’d then you’d adjourn to a restaurant or an eating house where you would banter backwards and forward over a little Bull (steak of coarse) :o :( and a few sherbets, (fizzy drinks) of coarse where you thought she was a little lamb and tried to pull the wool over her eyes
:mrgreen: :twisted: Now in modern days if you ain’t got a million dollars in the bank a flash car you ain’t got a chance brother :? :shock:

Bill the old battler

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Hey Bill if I were chasing chicky birds they would have to ones that go cheap cheap, the pension being what it is and all.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying