Happy New Year for 2011!!!!

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Irene

Happy New Year for 2011!!!!

Post by Irene » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:56 am

Woo hoo!!!! First one on the site for 2011!!!! :o

Happy new year everyone!!!
What goes around, comes around.

warooa

Re: Happy New Year for 2011!!!!

Post by warooa » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 am

Now go to bed Irene. 8-) I must be getting old - I was home by 10pm watching old Scooby Doo cartoons with the kids before falling asleep.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 am

Well,

I was going to stay up to be first - but lately I am rising so early that I fell asleep around 10pm. Also I had Matilda helping me almost all day. Believe me we did loads of sewing (she will be 6 in March). You would be surprised just how often you need to re-thread a needle. With almost no help she sewed right round a place mat to give Mum when she came home from the funeral of the father of her bridesmaid. Fortunately (for me) the two year old went to spend the day with his Aunty. (lucky we have two girls.)

No more excuses! The biggest decision I have to make today is.. will I date the poems (3) I started yesterday, 12/10 or 01/11? Or then again the decision could be .. what to eat with the Blue Swimmer crabs hubbie caught yesterday.

Ah! life is good. (Trying not to look back on last January) Looking forward to - January Illawarra Folk Festival.February Cobargo Folk Festival and April National Folk Festival.

I alnost forgot
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:32 am

Did you get up extra early to be the first Irene?

Happy New Year to you all. Hope it's a good one.

Heather :)

Irene

Post by Irene » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:19 pm

No Heather - I was still up when I posted! I had to go home as my husband had snuck off home from the party at his sisters place, and taken the swag for my son!!! Went home to get it (it's ok - I don't drink!! :lol: ) and decided to check the photos I had taken, which led on to logging onto the internet, and so it goes!!!! Went back to the party, and later crawled into the back of my ute with a drink (chai latte - not alcohol!!! :lol: ), a book and a torch at 4.30am, and finally had about an hour and a half sleep from about 5.30am - as the sun was lightening the sky!!!
Ready for an early night tonight - then have to be up nice and early to watch two of my children and two nephews sky dive tomorrow morning - crazy people!!!! :o Can't believe I have bred children who like to do crazy things like that!!! Why jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane, I say!! ;)

Catchya
Irende

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:52 am

Irene, I can't believe that you started to read a book at 4.30am!

How did the sky diving go? I bet there was at least one very nervous mother watching.

Heather :)

Irene

Post by Irene » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:02 am

Hi Heather
Sky diving went well for all four that did it - though I still think they are mad!!!
They loved it - even our nephew who has spent the last three weeks absolutely packing himself, but not able to back down and say he wasn't going to do it!!! :lol:
There were two very nervous mothers watching - the mother of the other two was starting to get quite worried by the night before!! Ah well, all over now, and all safe!!! Great photos and video of them though - they had video taken by the divers they went tandem with, and the facial expressions and the effect of the speed/wind on their facial muscles were hilarious!! :lol:

Catchya
Irene