Gluten free?? (#@**&@#)

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Zondrae

Re: Gluten free?? (#@**&@#)

Post by Zondrae » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Report so far.

The first part of the Christmas pudding (in the steamer bowl) came out looking and tasting pretty good. I only tasted the tiny bits that stuck to the bowl but it was enough to gauge the rest. I'm tickled pink. But as I said that it so far.. now to hope the rest is as good. I'll put this one in the freezer as, if I don't. it won't survive til Christmas day. We might just eat the other little bit once it is ready. More on the sage later.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Wendy Seddon

Post by Wendy Seddon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:03 pm

Hey Zondrea girl, for you I’m rootin’
that you can cook without the Gluten.
Fanfares for you they’ll all be tootin’

His girl will be just so impressed
the way that roasted chook is dressed
to find tastier she’d be hard pressed!

Right then and there she will be sure
that you’re the perfect mum-in-law,
be hard to keep her from your door!

Nobody there will care the least
you’ve done it all without the yeast
a wondr’ous, magic, healthy feast!

Wen
Wen de Rhymewriter There is nothing mundane about the ordinary.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Awh Schucks Wen,

You've made me blush. It isn't everyday someone writes a little ode to me. I hope I am a good mother-in-law. So far my two sons-n-law haven't complained. I love them both, almost like my own son.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:05 am

How did the gluten free cooking go Zondrae?

Heather :)

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:21 pm

G'day Heather

Well we are most favourably impressed with Adam's girl. She is a lovely Lass with strawberry blonde hair (natural) and very pale skin. (Scott ancestors) Laughed and joined in very naturally with the family. This is a good sign. The meal was a hit all round. The Gluten free pudding was deliceous. The gravy failed and I dumped it. The gluten free, egg custard was yumm. Stuffing I made with rice instead of breadcrumbs was also yum. On the whole a success I feel.

We will, as we have for many years now, ignore New Years Eve. Hope you stay safe for the rest of the crazy season. Best Wishes for the coming year. I have been accepted to perform at Cobargo in February so no trip West. They have asked me to be involved with a memorial concert for David Meyers, who passed away a few weeks back.

I am writing something new for the next written comp and still have homework for IBP to be done by 19th Jan. In fact there are both monthly and weekly topics to complete. Also I am preparing for the workshop I am directing at the Illawarra Folk Festival (big breath in) and printing some copies of my new book to have ready for then, FF starts 12th January with the first of the Summer School sessions.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:44 am

Wow, Zondrae, what a busy year already - I'm exhausted just reading about it!

Good luck with your performance at Cobargo. I won't be going west either this year but have plans to go to Bungendore.

Heather :)