Great Christmas Cake Recipe

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Great Christmas Cake Recipe

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Came across this on another forum and thought it was something that our members would be sure to appreciate, although I do emphasize under no circumstances use the family dog for the final step as they can be somewhat unhygienic little things in some peoples thoughts when they sit around licking - not their paws.

A Christmas Cake

Ingredients:
* 2 cups flour
* 1 stick butter
* 1 cup of water
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup of brown sugar
* Lemon juice
* 4 large eggs
* Nuts
* 1 bottle Brandy
* 2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the brandy to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the brandy again.

To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the brandy is still OK. Try another cup... Just in case.

Turnoff the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the brandy to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something.

Check the brandy. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or some fink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window.

Finish the brandy and wipe counter with the cat.

Bingle Jells!
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Re: Great Christmas Cake Recipe

Post by Zondrae » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:23 pm

Do you have the iced coffee cake recipe.

It is the best thing since sliced bread.

Soak a pkt of dried fruit (woolies brand is best) in a carton of iced coffee, in the fridge overnight.
Next day, mix in 2cups SR flour and bake in moderate over, in a cake tin that has been lined with oven bake paper.
I usually add a level teaspoon mixed spice and some extra chopped up cherries, but you don't have to.
Ready in about an hour or so - or when it passes the usual, 'poke a straw in' test.

Straw test in case your mother didn't show (teach) you. You pull a straw from your broom (the sweeping one, not the riding one) use the clean end. (newly broken) Insert it in the thickest part of the cake. If it comes out gooey - the cake isn't done yet. Give it another 10 minutes and test again. Cook on a rack.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks Maureen. I'll order one of those thanks...

I've cooked that cake Zondrae and it is sooooo easy and delicious. Evan put it on the old forum in rhyme form. His recipe used milk and coffee (no need to buy the commercial brand). It keeps really well too.

Heather :)

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:12 pm

I think I like Maureen’s cake best. Instead of pattie cups you would use hiccups :o

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:05 am

Hi Muzza....
I dried your rezhipee...idzh derish...ledishus...it tastes byoot.
I'm gunna lie down fer a bit......

Cheers ;)
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

Kym

Post by Kym » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:57 am

Yeah Will ... you'd better lie down ... you look really stuffed! :lol:

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Oh dear - maybe I should not have posted this recipe.

Will looks like the hair of the dog and as he is apparently stuffed probably needs one too. He is already talking jibberish so I doubt remonstrating with him will do any good.

Heather has just gone so overboard. Heather dear girl the tiara and the Edna Everidge glasses do not go well together - I mean to say they are not even colour co ordinated....HELLOOOO what were you thinking, and as for the strip of liquorish under your nose - please explain.

Zondrae I think they are past cooking anything at the moment, best just have your iced coffee yourself and let them get on with it.

How standards have dropped over the years - tut tut :lol: :o

Cheers

Maureen

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

william williams

Post by william williams » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Heee'sss right Kym heee's as jober as a sudge just a little to much cake in his glass

BW

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Not sure what is happening here - but Heather seems to have taken my comments to heart immediately and disposed of the tacky tiara and the garish glasses and eaten the liquorish. Do you ever watch Trini and Suzanne Heather? Those ladies really know how to pull a look together - and you are such a beautiful looking lady - it is a shame to let yourself down with bad fashion choices :lol: :lol:

Will still looks seedy :shock:

Cheers

Maureen

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Well I liked them Maureeen .... sniff. Can't please all of the people all of the time! :(

Can't tell you Mauzzie, it was secret women's business and I know there are blokes listening. It involved a couple of drinks and a lot of giggling - ok, hysterical laughter - but that's all I can say - except that I can't wait to do it all again!
Last edited by Heather on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.