Winners

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Winners

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Wow that must be such good fun - Good on ya Jess well done and of course having a good groom helps - the turn out and grooming is just as important as the driving - appearances are important.

You are in exalted circles - I believe Prince Phillip is also an aficionado of this sport.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

Congratulations to Jess and his faithful groom. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Heather :)

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:47 am

Great stuff marty, congrats to both of you. :D

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:56 am

Well, while we're boasting about our kids - my daughter Laura received her Scout Medallion last Saturday.This is the highest award that can be achieved in the Scouting section of Scouts (as opposed to Cubs, Venturers etc). She has worked very hard to achieve this award. Very proud of her :D

Heather

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:25 am

Heather & Marty,
Congratulations all round and well done.

Terry

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Marty good onya and ya boy, better the a chook raffle hey, some people carry on about today’s kids
They all get lumped in together, no fair if you put some time in you get good results.
Again good onya and Jess keep him at it. ;)

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Frank Daniel

Post by Frank Daniel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:41 pm

All nice things to say about our kids. Good on them all and God Bless em.
My youngest daughter Lucy got her drivers license in Cowra last week on her first attempt and was awarded with a nice pair of shiny red P's.
All of a sudden the fuel gauge on my station wagon has started to play up on me. It doesn't seem to want to show more than a quarter tank.

GoodonyaLu.
love from Dad.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 am

I’m with you Frank, Your kids can give you stick for weeks but one achievement and all is washed away, kids ya gotta love em. :D

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Frank Daniel

Post by Frank Daniel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Although Lucy had been driving around the backblocks on gravel roads for nearly four years, my wife and I gave her driving lessons over the past year to build up her required total of 120 log book hours. We then paid for two lessons from a professional driving instructor at $45 per hour just to put the cream on the cake.
Fair enough I thought - we got results.
But was I shocked when talking to a lady at the registry office to find that she had to pay a driving instructor for the better part of her daughter's 120 hours due to the fact that the sole family car was not available for lessons because of the work situation of both parents.
She said it cost her $5,000.00 for lessons over nearly two years.
We are now looking at a car for Lu - at $5000 - she needs somewhere to hang those red P's
I've also noticed that little cars with red p's seem to be the fastest on the road, they never have any trouble overtaking me these days.
Talk about worries!

Joe

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Congratulations to you both.