New Member Maureen K Clifford

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
warooa

Re: New Member Maureen K Clifford

Post by warooa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:21 am

As Manuel said to Basil . . . K?

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:44 am

My next door neighbours dog is called Basil, and he is a barker - and you often hear me in my hi falutin voice outside saying ''Basil, Basil - that will do - we'll have none of that."

I give myself a good giggle

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 pm

OK listen to this one.

A mate of my husbad called his two dogs Virgil and Buck. When calling them he always called Buck first with an 'and' in the middle.
(you don't need me to explain!)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 pm

And then Maureen does Basil then go and hit himself on the head while berating himself for being bad.

I don't get it Zondrae .. :o

Neville
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:18 pm

No Neville - Basil is not bad he is a good boy and is learning not to bark at everything that moves, mainly because I pull him up on it. Sadly his parents don't teach him anything and he is an outdoor dog and just lonely - only a pup still. But the girls talk to him and run up and down the fence and I give him as many pats as I can over the fence. He is a dear little bloke...

Those techos are totally correct Marty - the computer knows what it knows - it is just not happy to share what it knows with those who don't know - if you know what I mean - but Google is my friend - it hasn't beaten me yet.

Have put together my first slideshow complete with music and I am rather chuffed with it - now if I can work out how to compress it to a workable size I am in business. It started off as 50.9 mb have now got it to 2.11 kb but whilst I can open that small one from here - when I send it as an email it can;t be opened??? Maybe they don't want to see it

Feel free to jump in with ideas folks - it is the Windows 7 programme I am working with. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

G'day Maureen,

The clip you sent me to look at (a couple of them) look and sound very professional. I intend to have my grandson give me some computer lessons during the Christmas Holidays. (He is almost 11) We are a MAC family and I know there is an app that allows me to record and then trasfere it to disc. Just have to find out how to do it.

I have asked my number 2 (in age not merit) son in law to write me some original music to use. I don't want any copyright problems and he does play the guitar rather well. So sometime in the future I will be able to make a CD of some my poetry.
Zondrae King
a woman of words