Ta

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Wendy Seddon

Ta

Post by Wendy Seddon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:49 am

I'd like to say a big thank you to Shelley and Maureen
for their encouragement and valuable appraisal and critique of my scribbles.

The homework site on these pages has been a great contributor to getting my creative juices flowing
and in no small part leading to a measure of success in some comps.

I am also grateful to David and others on these pages who also encourage me and
the dedicated judges who take the time to offer honest and informative critique of
poems I have contributed to comps which have missed the mark!

I love being a part of such an inclusive group.

XXX Wen
Wen de Rhymewriter There is nothing mundane about the ordinary.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Ta

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:45 am

Thank you Wendy :D
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:08 am

Hi Wendy

Thank you so much for your kind words, and I agree with you about the pleasure of being part of an inclusive group who share and mentor us to become the best writers we can be. As I've mentioned before, homework pieces for Maureen's workshop have often gone on to be expanded and win prizes for me.

When I first began entering competitions I received wonderfully generous advice from David Campbell in particular - and also since then from Brenda Joy and Noel Stallard. Like Clive James, I'm always striving to write the "perfect poem" - which of course, probably doesn't exist (certainly not from my pen!) But I get enormous creative stimulation from my efforts to improve and to hone my writing skills.

One of the greatest joys I've had with poetry is my involvement with like-minded writers like yourself, sharing our "tips and tricks" and honest critiques and encouragement. Writing can be a lonely pastime, so it's great to connect through this Forum's public posts and private messages.

Warmest congratulations on your recent successes in the CJ Dennis Toolangi written competition, and the Kembla Flame written competition. I am so delighted to see your hard work bearing fruit ... and from now on, the sky's the limit!!

Onward and upward :D
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Thank you Wendy and Shelley...helping each other is what a literary community is all about, and there is always something new to learn. The discussions in this section allow different views to be aired, technical problems to be queried, and any number of interesting diversions to be explored. Like Stephen's question about Bob Dylan, which I haven't had time to think about yet as things have been rather busy. (Two family weddings, with Christmas in the middle!) But "normal" (such as it is) should return by the time February rolls around.

Cheers
David