REQUEST TO THE WEBMASTER/EXECUTIVE

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Glenny Palmer

REQUEST TO THE WEBMASTER/EXECUTIVE

Post by Glenny Palmer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:38 pm

G'day all,
I have been flat strap for quite a while now, prohibiting my regularly visiting this site, and have only recently been 'back on', so I'm a tad behind with our 'current affairs,' and changes.

One change that I would respectfully request is that in my Private Messages there are a litany of red 'Anonymous' senders. These apparently apply to former members who are no longer registered. I therefore have great difficulty in locating the identity of any previous senders, so I can not readily identify the message I seek. Will you please consider still naming those ' Anonymous' unregistered senders, which you could still do in red, to alleviate this problem?

(Also, I should be quite dismayed to see my croc listed as a red 'anonymous.' I'm sure you can understand.)

I look forward to your advice.
Cheeers
Glenny P
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Rhonda Tallnash

Re: REQUEST TO THE WEBMASTER/EXECUTIVE

Post by Rhonda Tallnash » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:44 pm

Dear Glenny

Thanks for your question and congratulations on running a terrific competition again this year! :D I have taken note of the request and will seek advice from the technical administrator as soon as possible and get back to you. I suspect though that the 'red' issue' might be another matter that is hard to fix with this database, but we can only try. You will still be able to see who the email is from as presumably they will have signed off on it, but if you have oodles of them, that is tricky at a glance and time-consuming. Leave it with me please. :)

Also, I absolutely understand your concern about Croc being in red but rest assured all his posts are still there. We also have the issue of other 'departed' members being hard to track when their user status is changed. We are hopeful that with a new incarnation of the database later in the year that we can put all the contributions of Croc, Frank and Kym in a separate area so they are easy to find.

Kind regards

Rhonda

Glenny Palmer

Re: REQUEST TO THE WEBMASTER/EXECUTIVE

Post by Glenny Palmer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Many thanks for that Rhonda, and for your kind words. Yes, it was a bumper comp this year. Here's hoping we can better it next year. I may have to go to the gym to prepare for that eventuation. :lol:

Cheeers!
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.