THANK YOU Terry Piggott

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Glenny Palmer

THANK YOU Terry Piggott

Post by Glenny Palmer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:50 pm

I received a wonderful gesture from our Gold Fevered wonderful poet, Terry Piggott, (who, being a humble chap, will probably be unimpressed that I'm broadcasting his generosity here.) :cry:

The Postman just delivered to me a copy of Terry's magnificent new book "The Call Of The Outback" that he offered to me as one of the prizes for The Copper Croc Awards. it is wonderfully illustrated; a truly beautiful book, and I highly recommend it to all true poetry lovers. Thank you so much Terry. The winner of this prize will be a lucky person indeed.

As the 2nd and 3rd prizes in this comp are a Certificate and other poets' books and/or CD's it would be most appreciated if a few of my poet mates could spare a book or CD to award to the prizewinners. I totally rely upon the entry/critique fees to fund the $200 first prize and trophy, administration, and postage etc (and that gets a little 'nail biting' at times. Lol) If just a few of you could spare a book or CD, my address is PO Box 367 Theodore QLD 4719.

Past contributors have also been generous in this regard: Manfred Vijars, Carol Heuchan, and especially David Campbell, (and God forgive me if I've missed anyone else...my brain cells aren't what they used to be :? ) I thank you all again for your generosity.

And thanks again Terry. My hearty congratulations on producing such a marvellous new book.

Cheeeers.

Glenny P
006.jpg
007.jpg
005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Shelley Hansen

Re: THANK YOU Terry Piggott

Post by Shelley Hansen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Hearty congratulations Terry on the publication of what looks to be a fabulous book - and good on you for your generosity too - an extra incentive for us all to enter the Copper Croc. :D

Of course there is always the chance that you will win a copy of your own book!! :lol:

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 pm

hey Shelley...THAT has happened before. :lol:

My scanner does not really do Terry's book justice. It's a corker book.

Cheeers
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

alongtimegone

Post by alongtimegone » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Good on you Terry. If the content is as colourful, and I know it will be, as the cover page it will be as good as gold. :D
Wazza