poing in schools

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Heather

poing in schools

Post by Heather » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:51 pm

I had a message from a friend tonight asking me to recommend an Australian poem that a nine year old boy could recite or read in class. It was something he had to do for school. At first I was going to get my books out but then I thought better and steered the parents towards the children's section of this forum where the said child could pick something he liked and would enjoy doing. When I had a peak myself I realised how many great little poems there are in that section that a child might enjoy. I'm waiting to hear what he chooses.

Heather :)

Bob Pacey

Re: poing in schools

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:10 am

I heard a young bloke do Poor Old Grandad the other day by Grahame Watt and it was done beautifully.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:36 am

Good on you Heather - I did the same last week - one of the teachers at a school near Sarina is starting her kids on some poetry appreciation and wanted some Australian poems, I told her to use what she wanted but make sure that the poets name was always highlighted - I was confident that any of our mob would be chuffed to know their work was being used.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:35 pm

Send me a contact Maureen I might be in Sarina on the twelth

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

I've just sent Jodie an email Bob to ask her about you doing a visit if you are there on 12th September. She actually teaches at Koumala 22 klm south of Sarina. I will get back to you on it. Thanks for the suggestion.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:32 am

This young lad chose something called Puffer Fish by a poet I hadn't heard of (no-one here).