insurance . . . (talk to me baby!)

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
warooa

insurance . . . (talk to me baby!)

Post by warooa » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Can anyone explain the $100 public liability insurance available on ABPA Membership? I understand it is for public performance? What's that? If someone ruptures a stomach muscle laughing at your poem then their injury is covered?

sorry . . . I just looove talking insurance on a Sunday evevning :shock: don't you :?

Cheers, Marty

ps. this is a serious request

pps no it is . . . . really

Zondrae

Re: insurance . . . (talk to me baby!)

Post by Zondrae » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm

G'day,

I know that all Festivals insist that each performer has their own insurance these days. I have carried mine for a few years now. It is in case someone is injured while you are performing, or trips over you or your mike stand, or your box of 'product' that you are trying to flog.

I don't know really, what it covers only that I have to have it - and it is less expensive to take the group cover. Also it shows that I am a proud member of the ABPA.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

warooa

Post by warooa » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:35 am

Thanks Zondrae, you're right it's cheap. I've just paid my annual public liability insurance bill for my business and I wish it were that much. :roll:

Marty

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:46 am

this relates to this topic so I have posted it in two places

Don't hang me Bill,
(and by the way, I am not in the big league ) I only know that I really enjoy performing. I may get a free ticket but no cash changes hands. I suppose you can call that getting paid. If the Law says I have to be insured, then I will carry insurance. I look on poetry as my hobby.
I would like to know what it costs a hobby golfer to pursue his hobby of choice. I have heard that club membership is pricy and there is the cost of the clubs and bag and shoes. I have seen noticeboards near golf courses advertising twilight golf for $35 a round, and we don't all live beside a golf course, so there is transport. Now if I make an estimate, it is certainly over $100, and that is even before you put one foot on the green. Any true lover of the sport will say it is well worth the cost.
So I guess it amounts to how much you love sharing the spoken word. In MHO the cost of the insurance is inconsequential.
I won't ever go to the cost of keeping a horse!
Zondrae King
a woman of words