National Folk Festival

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Zondrae

National Folk Festival

Post by Zondrae » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Calling Queensland Poets.

Next Easter it is Qld turn at the National as Featured State. They will need Qld poets to perform. You should go to the NFF webste and apply tonight as applications close today. So if you want to come to the national look at it tonight. I'll be home later this evening if you need to ask questions.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bob Pacey

Re: National Folk Festival

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:05 pm

The site says it has been extended until the 31/7/2011

Zondrae.

Could not find anything about poetry ???

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Martyboy wrote:Best be talkin to my mates at the AFP to boost up border security , cant have too many qlders coming to town :lol: :lol:
... we FLAUNT your pathetic AFP ... hahashahaha ... WE rule the WORLD (OK, that little piece of dirt that no-one else in the world knows about called Australia) .... :D

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Bob they have a large spoken word section of the festival.

I believe it will be extended to 31st but I don't want anyone, who may be interested, to miss out.

There is a poets Breakfast every day and loads more I'll pm you the phone number of the coordinator, if you are really keen. They want people who will offer workshops as well as concerts and there is a yarn spinners award and a Reciter's award. Then they also have a 'world debate' which features poets. They have had topics like 'Is Poety better than ..... whatever' some have been a riot. The venue seats over 3000 and is always full.
Zondrae King
a woman of words