HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR MAY 2024

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR MAY 2024

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue May 07, 2024 10:33 pm

Are you all ready for May and enjoying the cooler weather? Isn't it lovely - my favourite time of the year when the Uggies come out, the woollen doona goes back on the bed, Miss Maddy snuggles up close to me through the night and one can actually sleep comfortably without the need of the fan or AC whirring away in the background :lol:

Some beaut poems came out of the last set of prompts as well - not that I am surprised in the least - the talents of you mob is nothing short of amazing. Life's experiences has given us all a well rounded outlook on life I think.

Hope these prompts might get your muse thinking and stir your joint creative spirits. It's been a while since we have done one of these but I reckon we can give it a go ..... YES I AM talking about a collaborative poem, they are always a bit of fun to write - and if you are all agreeable I will post up the end result onto the ARP FB page and maybe Jan Lewis will share it onto the ABPA FB page as well. What do you reckon? Are you up for the challenge?

No rules as such -other than to try and keep the metre and story going strong*** and who knows where the story will end :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: and my mind is swinging towards a little bit of a romantic bent at the moment purely sparked by a TV show currently running who has a farmer (be still my heart :lol: :roll: ) who has sparked my interest (I am old but not yet dead)

Anyways in hope of your participation I will kick it off ....untitled for the moment - something will come to us as the story unfolds - :idea: :idea: :idea: Let your imaginations expand the story and take it where you will - Personalize it by giving your MC names and locations ...whatever rows your boat.

Post up your added stanzas on separate posts, but copy and paste what was written prior to your addition, then add onto it so that we don't have to keep scrolling backwards and forwards and add your initials at the end of your stanza.

Just have fun folks - lets see what we can come up with .

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.