HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR OCTOBER 2023

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR OCTOBER 2023

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:46 am

Oh boy do I have a challenge for you all for this month along with a suggestion for promoting your own poetry sites if you wish to take it up ....I have been doing this with some of the poems I paste on on the ARP site and it works a treat. However I digress for the moment.

Here's the challenge. Find an unusually named Aussie town/place - do some research and write a poem about it.

God alone knows we have plenty. For example ...Come by Chance, Humpybong, Watanobbi, Boing Boing, Mossy Nipple Bend which coincidentally :o is located near Lake Fanny :lol: :roll: Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya (the name is derived from ‘where the devil urinates’ in regional Pitjantjatjara language.) Mt Buggery, a good place to go to :? from all accounts. Burrumbuttock, Woop Woop ....you get the idea, but you can chose from these or you may have your own place that tickles your fancy.

Now here's the suggestion to promote our Bush Poetry ....many of these weirdly named places have a FaceBook page, so you then share your beautifully written and properly researched poem onto their page, and as the number of 'likes' to your poem start to appear you then go in and 'invite' them to drop in for a visit to your personal poetry page.

Have fun folks and thank you to everyone who contributed to the September homework - there were some great poems there.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.