HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR SEPTEMBER 2022

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:44 am

Hi everyone and welcome to Spring and Wattle season - Hope this finds you all well and for those of you who suffer from Hay Fever my sympathies. All that pollen wafting around is doing my head in literally :roll:

For this month I am recalling some good advice that was given to me many moons ago by Neville Briggs - 'Show - don't tell' or words along that line and I thought that here is an ideal opportunity to put that advice into use - so for this month let us see if we are able to 'show' our readers the view from our window.

What do you see when you gaze outside - we all tend to take the everyday things for granted don't we - but go have another look and really open your eyes and take in what you see and then imagine that you were having to detail that to a person who was vision impaired.... what would you tell them, how would you describe the colour of the sky? Blue doesn't cut it does it? But if you said it was as blue as your Mother's eyes, or 'forget me not' blue then that is altogether different.

Here are some ideas that might set your Muse on its way - use them if you choose.

The witchery of the soft blue sky

painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time

gray clouds hang heavy with misery

clouds shift and drift and beg interpretation

tonight is a gusty, hurrying night

Sad faces are reflected in the windows glass

Mother Nature's tears dribble down a window pane

Go work your magic my lovelies :)
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.