HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR JULY 2022

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR JULY 2022

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Take a bow everyone - I was blown away by the lovely writes from the last set of prompts and thank you all for your generosity of sharing them with so many people. They all received a lot of coverage and appreciation from my brumby groups - and if words can sway people's opinions then these certainly have helped to do so but the fight continues. Whether we win it or lose it is IMO now in the lap of the Gods.

For this months exercise let's take a walk back in the past and write about something that no longer exists today, something that today's kids would have no idea about, far less how to put it to use, things that today's kids will probably never see or be aware of and yet they were once common place.

I can think of a few .... Sawdust on the butchers shop floor. Men only bars in the local pubs and 6 pm closing, water bags on car bumper bars, kids playing cricket on the street, flip out indicators on cars, dipper switches on cars to lower headlights, telephone directories and public phone boxes with rotary dialled phones and money put into a slot ... (still a few boxes around but seem to be few and far between these days). Ice delivery and ice chests, carbon paper, lift attendants........ anyway you get the idea I'm sure :lol: :D :roll:

So go to it - no written prompts this month let your imagination run riot and as always I can't wait to see what comes out of this.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.