HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 24TH AUGUST 2020

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 24TH AUGUST 2020

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:50 am

Once again I am going to take advantage of Neville's kindness and use his suggestion for your homework prompts.I can't thank Neville enough for his help - I'm feeling a bit flat personally, and so his help is most welcome.

Here is Neville's suggestion ....

Write a poem about your reflection or your impression in front of an Australian statue or monument. Examples maybe, Dog on tuckerbox at Gundagai, Soldier at local war memorial, Henry Lawson's grave at Waverley Cemetery, the metal brumby silhouettes at the Welcome to Snowy sign, Dorothea Mackellar's statue, Jackie Howe's memorial etc etc.

Thank you for those of you who do participate in this little section. You always come up with amazing poems and it is always a delight to read the variety of thoughts and follow the trails on which your words take us. Keep on keeping on and please everyone - do stay safe. This Covid is really starting to impact everywhere and it is quite frightening, so be vigilant and keep the enemy at bay.

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.