HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 6TH JULY 2020I

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 6TH JULY 2020I

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:44 pm

I hope you are all managing to negotiate the twists and turns that this covid 19 is taking us on. I'm sure we are all doing our best ... I confess to being one who should be trying harder. I've exhausted the reorganizing of cupboards etc. Have been cooking up a storm trying new recipes and sharing them with neighbours here in the Village. Still managing the odd outing for coffee - even if it is take away and sitting on the bonnet of our cars in the car park to drink it - I am really missing my outings with my friends and of course everything in the Village has been closed down, although the last week saw the Library reopened and the Pool and Bowling Green not that the last 2 interest me. And my muse has buggered off somewhere, obviously sick to death of all this nonsense and the cold weather :lol:

Thanks to all who participated in the last set of prompts, as always a broad variety of poems for us all to read and enjoy. It seems we are all a tad concerned re the drop off of activity on the forum so now seems as good a time as any to put forward one of Neville's excellent suggestions that he gave me some time ago and I hadn't got around to using.

How about we all try our hand at writing a small verse or song with the title " That's What's the Matter " or a poem about a person whose life you are curious about. Add to both of these suggestions whichever you choose a brief summary of the 'back' story as well.

Go to it my little cherubs

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.