Homework 28th May:Yet Still I Hope

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Shelley Hansen

Re: Homework 28th May:Yet Still I Hope

Post by Shelley Hansen » Wed May 16, 2018 3:03 pm

I couldn't agree more, Maureen!

It's well worth noting (again) that we are indebted to you for setting the prompts that generate poems such as Catherine's. Without the writing workshop, would many these poems have come to fruition? Perhaps not - certainly not, in my case.

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Wow! Thank you so much, Terry and Maureen, you have really made me smile today!

Terry - The geraniums pouring from windows came from the memory of a villa I once stayed in for a few nights. I just love masses of flowers bunched together, so along with the sunflower fields (from that same trip), that glorious mass of red was a picture that came to mind as soon as I read the prompts. Thank you for your warm and encouraging comments!

Maureen, I am just so thrilled at what you've said, especially about painting a clear picture and crafting the story, as these are high compliments indeed! I will certainly consider your words in respect of a possible competition down the track, too!

Also, I join with Shelley in thanking you sincerely for your steady stream of prompts that help to keep our minds working! xx

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Thank you Catherine and Shelley for your support of the prompts - Oh if you only knew how hard I sometimes struggle to find them :roll: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.