HOMEWORK PROMP FOR WEEK ENDING 15/04/13

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMP FOR WEEK ENDING 15/04/13

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 am

lots of interest shown in the last fortnights homework and some good work came from it as well even if the challenge was a little difficult. At least it got some brain cells moving. Thank you to everyone who participated in it.

This fortnight lets try writing to a theme suggested by the attached photo. For any who want to bone up on the actual details of the photograph it is of the Wallangarra Railway station on the border between Queensland and NSW. The actual station has two different roof profiles, the bull nosed verandah shown is the Queensland rail side, the verandah on the other side is a flat skillion roof awning - that's the NSW side. There are two different railway gauges as well. Google is your friend - go fetch, search, find...you will be amazed.
Wallangarra railway station taken by Sam Costanzo Stanthorpe Camera Club.JPG

There is an interesting little museum situated in the station as it had significance as a troop changing station during WWII and there is also a beaut little restaurant on the station that is very popular with tourist coaches.

So does this photo inspire you to write???? I hope it does . It is my favourite little country station a whistle stop on the way to the big majestic edifice that is the Tenterfield station.

Lets see what you can come with up

Cheers

Maureen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.