Homework prompts for week ending 18/02/13

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Homework prompts for week ending 18/02/13

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks for the great response to the last fortnights homework – some pretty special pieces I think came out of that.

This fortnight I have a different challenge for you – to write to a specific theme. Are you up to it ?

Reincarnation is the theme.

A couple of scenarios to get the brain box ticking, but use whatever rows your boat you don’t have to chose these although feel free to do so.

A convict in the first fleet who was offloaded on the shores of Botany Bay suddenly finds himself reincarnated as a dog in that same area. How would he see that experience? What would now be of importance to him? Does he have a sense of Déjà vu?

A mother holding her new born baby in her arms recalling the much loved and wanted child that she lost several years ago – she looks into her new babies eyes and sees …………….?????

You are visiting a place that you know you have never been to before and yet it seems familiar, you know exactly where that street is going to take you before you even travel down it.

OK you get the picture – now let’s see what you can do with it.

Off you go

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.