Homework Prompts for week ending 04/02/2013

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Homework Prompts for week ending 04/02/2013

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 pm

The first prompts for the New Year so hope they find you fired up, rarin’ to go, bright eyed and bushytailed. Trust all our members have survived unscathed, although I know some of you have been and still are facing harrowing times. I am sure our thoughts are with you all not to mention a few prayers as well.

Thanks’s for the ideas that were forthcoming , you know who you were if you sent some in. All input is appreciated here, that’s how we help one another and we learn and grow.

So getting down to the nitty gritty here are a couple of challenges for you. You can do one, combine two and have a stab at three…What you do, how you do it is entirely up to you

Prompt 1 The exercise is to write two stanzas using all five words in each stanza. The stanzas must be two parts of a whole and make sense. The words fly or wish can be used as a noun or a verb.

The words are - Bread, Road, Fly, Grey and Wish

Prompt 2 - Use the following phrases and set up a poem using a rhyming pattern of ABABBC
The phrases are - Bite the bullet, Time to spare , Turn the key

Prompt 3 – Write about this photograph, tell us a story

Are you up for a challenge????? OK – Go to it

Cheers

Maureen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.