Poetry Homework prompts and challenge for week ending 24/12/

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Poetry Homework prompts and challenge for week ending 24/12/

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm

The last homework topic for the year – and to all a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to all. May we all look forward to 2013 with hope and optimism.

Thank you to all of our poets who have contributed to this segment over the past twelve months and I do hope it has given some inspiration when perhaps it has been lacking. I know Leonie did alright out of it, with her entry into the Ipswich Poetry Feast. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

So lets see what you can make out of these prompts – as always use one or use them all the choice is entirely up to you. Isn’t it a wonderful thing to have choices and the freedom to make them ? So many people in the world do not have that simple luxury, but we do and we live in the lucky country even though it has its share of adversities over time – we as Australians rise and go forth proudly into our future but perhaps we poets also do that with a great measure of respect for our history, which is a grand history.

Perhaps what we write about today will be the history of tomorrow – so make it good, make it right and tell the story with flair and gusto – for you are all the wordsmiths of the modern world. Be proud.

So here are the prompts with a picture as well for inspiration

season of storms
thirteen steps down
the last warrior
storm rider
warrigal calling
sushi, tsunamis and soothsayers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.