A Garden On the Wall

All registered Forum users can post bush poetry dedicated to all those who served
Heather

A Garden On the Wall

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:17 am

My first ever entry into a competition won a Highly Commended for this poem at Cervantes. I'm so excited. I had to tell someone! I couldn't have done it without my ABPA friends and all your tips and encouragement. Thanks! Heather :D

Zondrae

Re: A Garden On the Wall

Post by Zondrae » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:27 am

G'day Heather,

I saw it - WOW, good on you I'm so pleased for you. Congratulations and keep the pencil sharp. The ideas come at all hours and in all places. Don't let them get away. We can see you are fast becoming one more accomplished poet we have to compete with.

Now the winners were Ellis Campbell, Terry Piggot, Heather Knight, Zondrae King and Dave Delaney - If I am right all members of the ABPA. (we must be doing something right)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:38 am

Thank you so much Zondrae. I really didn't expect to win anything but wanted to support the festival as I think it is only a newish festival. To see my name up there with the likes of yourself, Terry, Dave and Ellis is pretty exciting.

Heather :)
Last edited by Heather on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

william williams

Post by william williams » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:43 am

good on you heather keep up the good work

regards from Bill the old Battler

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 am

Thank you gentleman Bill. :)

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Deservingly so Heather, this is a terrific write, well done.

I'm rapt in my commended place & congrats to all involved, It's a good rap for ABPA.

Irene

Post by Irene » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:38 pm

congratulations to you all!!
Can I say from an organisers point of view that the standard of poetry was excellent!!!
There were a number of other winning poems, but hey, have only a certain number of places to give out so the judge had to cut them off somewhere!! :)

Well done, and thanks for your support for the comp.

Catchya
Irene
What goes around, comes around.

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 am

WooHoo Heather, an award for your very first entry, 8-) :!: well done. I'm not surprised you got an award for this poem I was really impressed by it when I first read read it.

Peely

Post by Peely » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:03 am

Congratulations on your success with this poem, Heather

It is a great read.

Regards

John Peel
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:31 am

Thank you Irene, Leonie and John. You know, the biggest thrill for me was to see my name there with Terry, Zondrae and Dave. I have such admiration for their poetry. It was a poem that I wasn't too sure about by the time I had finished it. I had posted it on the forum and because I had some encouraging comments, I decided to put it in the comp - because it only takes one judge to like it - and someone did!

Heather :D