Speaking Your Mind

This section contains archival material from former Forum users.
Membership forms: http://www.abpa.org.au/membership.html
Irene

Re: Speaking Your Mind

Post by Irene » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:05 am

Hi terry. My iPhone has 32gb of memory and can be used wherever u get next g signal. It has a 1gb download allowance per month which would be plenty. When I am at home I connect it to my adsl via my wireless modem - saves my downloads for when I am away, as I have heaps on my home plan.
There are a lot of free applications (programs) that u can get through the iTunes store, as well as some you can buy. But all the ones I have seen are only a few dollars.
Can use it to store and play your music when traveling, as well as take video and photos - if u are into using your phone for lots of things.
I find it great as you can easily check emails, as well as log into this site and keep in touch with us all while you are away!! In fact, I am posting this message from it!
Hope your knee comes good soon.
Catcha
Irene
What goes around, comes around.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 am

On the subject of long memories for grudges.

The highest point of Islamic success in Europe was reached when Islam reached Vienna.
At the battle of Vienna, the Muslim army was defeated and the Ottoman Empire went backwards from that day on. The date of that battle....11th September, 1683.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Thanks for the info Irene,
If the knee doesn't improve I'll go up anyway (late next week) and hope I can walk it out.

Cheers terry

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Does that mean that you are Dicky Knee Terry ?

I cannot work my bloody normal mobile without getting more technical.

The delete button seems to be the big problem

Bob
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:10 am

....Bob, you might need a breath tester on your computer.....I havn't even been in this thread!..... :?:
Ross

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Pretty Forthright there Marty,
What the poem was supposed to be referring to was people you like and family, not necessarily mates but as I said people you like and enjoy their company even if it's only a very occasional thing.
I know what you're saying, there are some very unlikable people, Just run your eye over that mob in Canberra, masquerading as our leaders.
Well Marty You haven't managed to upset me yet mate, hope I don't do or say something that changes that.

Cheers Terry
Last edited by Terry on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sat May 14, 2011 9:51 am

...''people will forget what you said. they will forget what you did. but they will never forget how you made them feel.''

Feelings are a spontaneous emotion carrying no responsibility whatsoever. It is one's choice of how one chooses to react to those feelings, that carries the moral accountability.

It seems so simple to me. People need to be heard. Terrible wounds can quickly heal if one is simply made to feel heard... with compassion, even if true understanding is difficult. As good old Kamahl said, ''Why do people have to be so unkind?''(...and there's a 50 page thread on personal accountability, or resistance to it.)

Dr G Palmer ''Bach of Know Nowt'' ''School of Hard Knocks Aus.''
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat May 14, 2011 10:19 am

Glenneeee. You're back..again.

Then how is it that Dr. G. Palmer's life serves as a warning to others ?? :lol: Don't answer that.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.