BUSHIE

This section contains archival material from former Forum users.
Membership forms: http://www.abpa.org.au/membership.html
manfredvijars

BUSHIE

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:12 am

BUSHIE
(c) 2005 Manfred Vijars
Last edited by manfredvijars on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r.magnay

Re: BUSHIE

Post by r.magnay » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:14 pm

G'day Manfred, I reckon you are a bushie alright, unlike some who think because they can see some trees from their place they live in the bush...I reckon it is something you are born with or into, it doesn't just happen over night, nor do you have to be straddling a horse with a dusty old Akubra on your head, a bushie is part of the bush....I think I am nearly there myself!... ;)
Ross

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Delightful Manfred. Really enjoyed it.

Heather :)

william williams

Post by william williams » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:29 pm

I reckon Ross could be very close to the mark Manfred.

I classify my self as a bushie like several of our members are

So I asked my self Just what is a bushie

Does he or she have to sleep on the ground or sit by a campfire and drink black tea
eat damper and tucker from a camp oven, or swear like a trooper and drink grog like a fish and belch like a mongrel dog. Like bloody hell they are! Well there are some exceptions from the rule.
Some Bushies can ride and some can’t, like my Cook John O’Kane who was with me for a number of years He just could not ride a hobby horse if his life depended on it but he was a true Bushie loved the land put up with the dust, flies, rain cold and heat we just took it, as we had to and enjoyed the country with all its trials and heartaches it was a life and you understood it. Though it was not to say you enjoyed it. You grumbled about everyday occurrences just like you city people do. We go to the city to see the sights and marvel at what is there, just like you city people go to the country and marvel at our sights. But I reckon the difference is that we go back to the bush, and enjoy the piece and tranquillity the lack of the hustle and bustle of the city ways and that does not mean that we do not have our busy as well, but the clock is not our master and we still have time to say good day and enjoy life

Bill Williams

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks Rosco, I'd like to think I'm nearly there myself too ... ;)
Glad you enjoyed it Heather ... :)
Thank you Bill and thanks for sharing your anecdotes :)
Goodonya Marty. Rissoled??? Used to make great rissoles out of wallaby mince - talking about wallabies, have you got your 'wallaby' boots on? ... :D

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Did Bobby Millers The True Australian on Tuesday night went over well and this is on the same theme. So often people put you in a box because of the way they percieve the world to be.

Good onya Mate.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:09 am

Marty, did you say there are some shearers quarters available at your place or is that what you're living in?

Mal McLean

Post by Mal McLean » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Great work Manfred. Long time since I've been for a walk in the bush alone. An army map, a prismatic compass, GP boots, some water, canned food and me. Crikey!
Think I prefer to drive now.

Mal
Preserve the Culture!

keats

Post by keats » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Bloody rubbish Manfred. No decapitation, disintegrating lepers, NOTHING!!!! I will rewrite is and call it Mushy. Now get your act together. I don't feel it was indicative of Austrian Bush Poetry at all!!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Sorry Master ... :(