God save Queensland

This section contains archival material from former Forum users.
Membership forms: http://www.abpa.org.au/membership.html
Dave Smith

God save Queensland

Post by Dave Smith » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:49 pm

G'Day All

God save Queensland and all our bloody mates
We‘ve been a few times and it’s always open gates
Visiting all the ‘lations and we’ve got a few
Come in mate the Billy’s on I’ll go an make a brew
We’ve even been to Fraser fishin’ and got us quite a bag
Some time just as tourists and our caravan we’d drag
Were coming back in April for a wedding and a do
We gunna do the rounds to try and meet most of you
I guess we’ll start in Ipswich with some poets that we know
Then head off to Rathdowney for an entertaining show
And when the show is over and Anzac day has been
We’ll head up north to Cooktown and all the places in between
Lets hope there is still lots to see an’ you’ve not been washed away
So God save sunny Queensland; she’s a right good place to stay.

TTFN 8-)
Last edited by Dave Smith on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Keep Trying

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: God save Queensland

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Good on ya Dave - lets hope you get to catch up with a lot of 'faces' you don't know. The Billy is always on at Ipswich mate - would love to catch up with you both if you feel inclined,

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:11 am

morning Dave,

mm April, you may still need your gumboots. Hope you have roving internet. Your input would be missed otherwise. Mind you, internet cafes are very inexpensive. When we went to Cairns last, I found several places at $1 per hour. The most I struck was $4 per hour. A few times Wayne went fishing and I went to the internet.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

warooa

Post by warooa » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:00 am

You're right there Zondrae . . . April can be a big gumboot month, it was only a couple of years ago Monica visited Cape York in April, I think it was just after Larry dropped in on Innisfail. But that wont worry a hardened old crusty bugger like Dave I'm sure . . . but forget about God saving Qld mate - he/she gave up on us when that shifty old Kiwi rogue Joh Bjelke fell off the perch.

Marty

ps. If we got a roof, ya's are always welcome under it.

keats

Post by keats » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 am

Mate, a very appropriate poem especially for the moment. God save Queensland and all Queenslanders, as if they haven't suffered enough already! A great place, wonderful people and too good a place for Mother Nature to cast destruction at. I am in Victoria these days, but my house is in Queensland, so I proudly claim duel citizenship! lol

But thoughts with all our Northern and Far Northern neighbours and many hands await again if they are needed after the next few days.

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks Maureen
I wrote this yesterday just off the cuff, we area bit concerned as we have family scatted from Brisbane right up to Mission Beach, our (Elaine and I) plan at the moment is to call in on you and Leonie if we may after the wedding before we head off up north.

Zondrae Thanks for the reminder, on one of our forays to the other side we were bogged in the middle of the caravan park at Echuca. Our son is going to lend us his wireless Internet so we will be able keep in touch.

Marty mate we will be there with bells on, our plan is to come up your way and also catch up with David J and any one else we can find on the way. As I am writing this, the TV is going in the background and we can see the winds are picking up towards strong and the seas pretty rough,
Good luck cobber.

Yeah Keats that’s a big state and the folks up there have big hearts as long as there are not too many people injured they will just hitch up their britches and get on with the restoration. I have a lot of faith the Australian spirit.
See ya in Boyup.

Dave.
I Keep Trying