Bloody Hell It’s Rainin

This section contains archival material from former Forum users.
Membership forms: http://www.abpa.org.au/membership.html
Dave Smith

Bloody Hell It’s Rainin

Post by Dave Smith » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Bloody Hell It’s Rainin

There was a crash and great roar, oh heck we’ve
heard that before, our eardrums were strainin.
I sat up in bed after banging me
head; bloody hell it sounds like it’s rainin.
P.J’s and all I was out through the door,
me missus followed me frownin.
I made a beeline for the porch without even
a torch, to save me pot plants from drownin.

Guess what yep it’s raining, today we have had 25 mm and it looks like showers all night.

Have you ever seen Agapanthus actually smiling, I tell ya all our plants have this funny look on their dials. :P

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Heather

Re: Bloody Hell It’s Rainin

Post by Heather » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Nice one Dave. :lol: Bit of internal rhyme there - you are getting clever! I'm working on my first piece of internal rhyme as a gift for a friend. That is when I get over your cold! You feeling better then?

Sounds like you had a nice little drop of much needed rain.

Heather :)

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Love it Dave - your agapanthus must look happy because you saved them - mine look slightly pained

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Mine are drowned ... and it's raining here ... again.

Good poem Dave, clever rhyming.

Irene

Post by Irene » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 am

Hey Dave - isn't it great???????

I drove home from work tonight, and I saw puddles!!!!! Yes, Puddles!!! :o And quite a number of puddles at that!! :lol:
My perennial pasture will be smiling also!! It has been looking very sad lately!

Catchya
IRene
What goes around, comes around.

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 am

It always rains after a dry spell Dave!... :roll:
Ross

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 am

Morning All
Thanks for the encouragement I keep trying, I tell ya it does me head in.

Yeah Heather on the mend spent all day yesterday out of bed, made a nice change, You have the wog? I think we should all wear masks at the computer dam computer virus they’ll be the end of us.

Maureen and Leonie the Agapanthus is a hardy old plant but they do like a touch of rain, my wife has in some Moon Flower the flower comes out for one night only, hers have been in for five years and bloomed last night for the first time, nice healing rain.

Irene a nice drop of juice hey we had 30 mm all up, it seem strange here we are rejoicing and from Cains down to Heather the are copping a battering and Carnarvon is in for some more makes you wonder.

Ross that’s true the best way to break a dry spell is to have some rain, but mate this is Collie we are talking about, no winter rain and near 70 days into the summer no rain we’ll be in the history books soon.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 am

Yep, got the lurgy Dave. I sound all very husky and Mae West! (But my throat is killing me).

It's dry here again now Dave. Now we have waist high grass to worry about for the fire season. Hanrahan always looking over our shoulders!

Those Agapanthas are pretty tough. I never water mine and the only time I ever saw them looking sad (crisp) was the week before Black Saturday when it was high 40s for three days in a row. I've been told - and I don't know if it's true or not, that snakes like to curl up in them? Has anyone heard that before?

Speaking of snakes, my little dog Bud found a small brown snake the other day (now gone to snake heaven). We could only find the tail end after it was dispatched. Next day Bud found the pointy end but it is minus it's head - I think he chewed it up. I don't know if he ingested it but he seems ok. :?

Heather :)