UnHappy Granddaughter

This section contains archival material from former Forum users.
Membership forms: http://www.abpa.org.au/membership.html
Bob Pacey

Re: UnHappy Granddaughter

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 am

They are a world to their own Irene. Had an inground pool burst it's side on a slope and took out the motor and all fittings. After a four week wait they said, not covered and as they thought it was due to lack of maintanence. I told them a thing or two or three and as they had neglected to take any photos of the damage I queried their ruling ( In the strongest way ).

Lo and behold they ruled the liner was the fault and covered the lot. Makes you wonder how many people just accept what they say and move on.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:09 am

Insurance companies are indeed a law unto themselves and will say and do anything that suits them till you show a bit of fight. Even then it can be hard to get them to honour their word because in the main as with most things who among us can afford to go to court? It is a sad fact of life in this country that there is one law for the rich who can afford to challenge matters in the courts and no law for the ordinary people who cannot afford such actions. Many people still think that if they go to court and win then all of their costs will be paid.........a very long way from the truth I am afraid.
Very best advice I ever received: Have nothing to do with lawyers and stay out of courts; have as little as possible to do with doctors and stay out of hospitals and always keep the undertaker waiting!

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I ran over a the front of a Holden ute once in a truck loaded with petrol, I didn't know I had run over him until I got past and looked in the mirror and saw the ute parked in the intersection with a flattened bonnet and mudguard! He had come out of the fog too quick and skidded under the drive wheels, I thought I had hit a pothole, it was an outback dirt road. He made up all sorts of reasons that it was my fault, fortunalely the law saw it differently!
Ross

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Oh dear! :shock:

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:05 pm

"Nock" just makes it sound all the more Scottish Marty! :lol:

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:56 am

Nothing a little bit of fencing wire and gaffa tape would not fix dave.

Oh sorry I though you were in Queensand !!!!!!

Bob

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Hey Martyboy. ''Im pretty sure insurance companies automatically decline the first claim and as bob suggested most folks just accpet that as the ruling.''

I used to run a service business. In my experience Marty, you are absolutely correct. Perhaps Neville could help here....is initially advising someone they are not covered, when they ultimately do cover them.....FRAUD???
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:20 pm

How did she get on Dave. Don't leave us in suspense.

Bob

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:48 pm

All paid out and fair, has now got a Beep beep Bareena this one is red more visible. :P :P :P

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying