A Poem For The Moment

This section contains archival material from former Forum users.
Membership forms: http://www.abpa.org.au/membership.html
Neville Briggs

Re: A Poem For The Moment

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue May 24, 2011 3:27 pm

I think I know exactly what you mean Neil .

Thanks for the kind comments Heather and Maureen, :oops: don't encourage me too much :lol:
I look forward to seeing some more of your writing Heather. Haven't seen any for a while. ;)

Maureen, my maternal grandfather always called England ' the old country " ??? is that pommy persuasion ?? :)

You brought up a very very important issue Neil. Good work I reckon.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue May 24, 2011 5:09 pm

I said what I needed to in my thanks post and meant ever word. I write when I get the urge ( to write that is ) or have a special request as with State Of Origin.

To sit down and make yourself write would take all the enjoymant out of it for me. Like learning the guitar have not touched it for weeks but to force meself to practice would be like torture.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

keats

Post by keats » Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm

G'day Bob, and this is what makes you such an individual and charming character. You have your own routine, it works for you and what you do works for everybody else. Some people need a rigid regime to write, others when an idea comes to them, others when they want to write. All methods work for the individual. I work most of my poetry in my head when travelling or camping, as ideas arise. When it comes it comes. But with the guitar, I have been disciplined over 30 odd years to force myself to practice my scales and chord variations on a pretty regimented schedule. Both work for me.

It has to be fun, whether the poetry is serious or humorous/written or performed. We have to like what we are doing. It's simple. And you, my friend, appear to be having a ball!

We are very privileged to have a talent to write/perform/entertain. We are one, but we are many..........................gotta go, just got an idea for a song!

keats